What you need
- 8 or more children
How to Play
- Get the children in the circle
- Pick one child, an older child for the fist time, to be 'detective'
- The 'detective' leaves the room or faces a wall so as not to see the circle.
- The adult then picks someone to be the 'winker', making sure not to use any names.
- The 'detective' then comes back and stands in the middle of the circle.
- The job of the 'winker' is to wink at people, who then melodramatically die, and keep going with out being spotted by the 'detective'.
- The 'detective, has three guesses to determine who is the 'winker'.
- When the game is over the 'winker' becomes the 'detective'.
- It is a good idea to have the 'winker' put up their hand so everybody knows who they are, except the 'detective'
- Make sure the children don't stare at the 'winker' or it makes it too easy!
- Encourage the melodrama.